The Women in Resources National Awards (WIRNA) recognise and celebrate the contributions and achievements of women in Australia's resources sector.
Now in their fifth year, the national awards are held in partnership by mining and energy chambers and women in mining networks as part of the industry’s broader commitment to increase gender diversity across Australia’s resources workforce.
The awards feature five categories:
- Exceptional Woman in Australian Resources
- Gender Diversity Champion in Australian Resources
- Excellence in Company Programs and Performance
- Oustanding Tradeswoman/Operator/Technician in Australian Resources
- Exceptional Young Women in Australian Resources
Nominations for the 2018 Women in Resources National Awards will open in June.